Thursday 11 August 2011

Recovery

Just a quick update about Finn's hand.



A barge-load of coffins was delivered to our place the other day. 


I had the guys just stack them up out in the calle.
Finn's hand was pretty bad by this stage, so I thought I should be prepared.


This is what it looked like by then.


In the end, I just selected one good coffin.


Had them take it around to the hospital where Finn was, just to be ready.


While the doctors were struggling with the mess, I took a trip across to San Erasmo, the garden island. Loaded up the truck with produce.


Including some honey I collected, full of healing properties you know.
Also very sticky stuff, good for sticking things together.


Also picked a few delicious figs along the way.


It was quite late by the time I was coming home.
I had collected a lot of honey though (along with much wild produce), so I was optimistic about the prospect of still saving Finn's hand.


It was too late. The doctors had severed it.
But the honey still worked a treat, so I kept the hand.
Finn claims it as his, but I say that since I fixed it, and it's not even attached to him anymore, it's actually mine.
The ongoing dispute is part of the installation now, I've put it out on display, 




The hand is looking good anyway, as is his arm. And we've still got loads of honey so we're thinking they might be ready for sticking back together soon, it just depends what our lawyers can agree to. Will keep you posted as to how we get on.







11 August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment